Thanks all who were able to make it out on Wednesday night. I know the late notice prevented some from making it, but we will catch you up!
At the meeting I handed out a somewhat comprehensive FAQ (PDF) on the whole situation and the protest, but let highlight some next steps and important points:
- MAKE SURE YOU’VE SIGNED ONE OF THE OFFICIAL PETITIONS – Signing the petition is the only way to certify yourself as a protestant and be able to testify at the final protest hearing.
- MARK YOU CALENDAR FOR MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30 AT 10:00 AM – This is the Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) Roll Call hearing and we’re trying to get a good turnout so that we can show the ABC Board that the community is strongly opposed to this liquor license
- Come out tomorrow, Saturday, November 14 at 11:00 AM for about an hour as we canvass the area around SIP. We’re meeting at Good Food Market at11am and we’ll focus on the block of Irving between 18th and 20th to get those folks signed on to the petition.
- Get signatures on your own! If you want to get some signatures on your own, you can download a PDF of the official petition here. Just please make sure that either Kevin or myself have any petition signatures by this Sundaynight (Monday is the day we’ll be turning them in)
- Do you know a notary in the neighborhood who would help with this project? We’ll need one to help us out in the coming months.
Thanks to everyone who has stepped up to help with this effort. Despite the circumstances, it is great to see neighbors coming out and working together. I believe that we will win!