Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie will be at Langdon Rec next Tuesday, see his note to the community below!
Please join me on Tuesday, November 10, for “Kenyan in the Community” from 4 p.m.- 7 p.m. at Langdon Park Community Center located at 2901 20th Street NE. This event is very informal and is a time for you to come out to chat with me, meet your neighbors, and engage with my staff.
I would also like to note that we will hold community engagement hours periodically. Please spread the word.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact my Constituent Services Coordinators Laisha Dougherty or Wesley Dawson at 202-724-8028.
I hope to see you there.
Please come our next community meeting on Oct 13, Tuesday night, we’ll be breaking the meeting into two halves to address two issues:
- 6:30-7:15 PM – New liquor license application for 2066 Rhode Island Ave NE
- 7:15-8:00 PM – Public Safety discussion with DC Metro Police Dept
Location: Langdon Park Recreation Center, 2901 20th Street NE
Date: Tuesday, October 13
6:30 PM – 7:15 PM – New “Tavern” for 2066 Rhode Island Ave NE ?
- Discussion of the application for a new “tavern” at 2066 Rhode Island Ave NE (most recently this building was ‘Dura Auto Sales’).
- The application is from the same operators of the club “SIP” located a few blocks down at 1812 Hamlin St NE.
- The application is for a “new tavern serving Caribbean food. Entertainment to include live bands, dancing, cover charge and DJ’s. Total Occupancy Load is 350. Sidewalk Café with 35 seats.”
- Proposed operating hours would be until 2am on weeknights, 3am on weekends.
- Representatives from the proposed establishment have been invited.
7:15 PM – 8:00 PM – Public safety and recent neighborhood violent crime
- At 7:15 PM officers from DC Metro Police Department will join us.
- Tragically, we have lost several members of our community due to violence this year. We have also had numerous and ongoing reports of gunfire around the neighborhood.
- What are the police and DC government doing? What can we as neighbors and as a community do?
The Langdon Park Community Association is hosting its first annual neighborhood led cookout this Saturday September 19 noon to 4pm at the Langdon Park pavilions.