Sorry for the delay in getting these notes together and up on the webiste. And a HUGE thanks to neighbor Katie for taking the lead on compiling the notes. I’m looking forward to hosting another meeting on this issue (or working with DPR/DGS to host one), but those details aren’t solidified yet.
Click “Read more” to read the full notes from the meeting
Continue reading “Notes from Chuck Brown Park Mtg on March 23”
The morning of February 23 we met in front of the Langdon Recreation Center for what was supposed to be a ‘walk through’ of the park but – due to weather – turned into a (productive and informative) meeting and update session instead.
A BIG THANKS is due to the folks who presented at the meeting: Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR), Department of General Services (DGS), Department of Transportation (DDOT), Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) and Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie (the Councilmember himself as well as several staff).
The walk through was a follow up to one held in December, where lots of issues in and around Langdon Park were identified.
And today there were lots of updates and great news to share! Department of Parks and Recreation informed us of the following upgrades coming “hopefully by/during summer” to Langdon Park:
- 16 New benches
- 10 New trash cans
- Resurfacing of parking lot near dog park and entry drive (entry drive to include a chain and/or gate, per community request)
- 3 New game tables (I didn’t get definition, but I think these are outdoor tables people can sit and play chess and other games at)
- New picnic tables
- LOTS more lighting, focusing in the east half of the park in particular (note: in the email I sent to my list, I regret that I forgot this wonderful point!)
- A fence to secure the access between the Langdon Rec Center and the house directly to the north – it’s a cut-through frequently used by kids to duck out of street view
- At least one water source for the Ward 5 9/11 Memorial Grove
- Signage for the Ward 5 9/11 Memorial Grove
Continue reading “Wrap up of Langdon Park
Walk Through Meeting”
Join DC Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie, Metropolitan Police Department, DC Department of Parks and Recreation, DC Department of General Services and myself (Nolan) this Saturday on a community walk through of Langdon Park on February 23, 10am. We’ll meet in front of Langdon Recreation Center. This walk through is a follow up of one held in early December. Note: This walk through is NOT for the purposes of discussing the ongoing Chuck Brown Park amphitheater. Of course, the topic will come up, and that’s fine, but I don’t expect any news or new information on that, specifically, on Saturday. The purpose is to identify improvements/maintenance in the current park and try to get them addressed.
I hope to see you Saturday!